Monday, November 22, 2010

The Vision

Wanderer, My Morgan 33 OI has had a major makeover this past year. I stored it on a plot of uncut grass for $250/month.Then moved it to the work yard at the marina (Indiantown Marina) for some reno and fix. Definitely did not anticipate being there more than a few months at $800/mo. How I came on the insane idea of extending the boat with a "sugar scoop" stern to modernize it and make it easier to board I will never know. Partly from the insidious stuff that appears on the internet
 It is a good solid comfortable but dated live aboard sailboat with all the essentials. It could "ALWAYS" use some cosmeticslike paint here and there better cushions a little cleaning and a little varnish but she is very seaworthy with good sails and new solar panel and new wind turbine to
provide more than enough power for the fridge radios computers etc.
I have done precious little open ocean travel and that is where I crave to be going.
In fact I plan to go right around the globe in slo mo. I am not in a hurry,
I want to smell all the roses at every stop along the way (AND A LOT OF FISH AND OTHER SEAFOOD). I do not want to be a tourist.I want to be a live in visitor. Live on the boat at anchor but live the local life on foreign exotic shores without any time restraints except perhaps those restraints that weather may impose, and those, I gladly tolerate. I never want to avoid rush hour traffic and
travel from stop light to stop light forever!!!
  The simple basic tropic sea life becons.
I crave to be basic, give up wearing a watch and give up clothes.Give up having to sell
the minutes of my life for money to pay taxes taxes and mortgage and gas. No more insurance.
No more deadlines, cars or licenses. The trivia of civilization that clutters our lives will be history.
Seafood is not only healthy but plentiful in the tropics and the wind
is totally free to drive the boat and provide power. Most of the 6 billion people on this
globe live simple lives. Simple food and simple shelter. And yes they are POOR by western
standards BUT they are also FREE of the constant pressure to earn and burn more resources.
And most are healthier for it. Free from the too much too rich diets of fast food and over
processed food that is killing westerners by the millions.



2 comments:

Destination: Journey said...

Contact me. laubmayer@yahoo.com. I don't see an email addy for you.
Blessings,
Ken

Unknown said...

What is the latest in your plans?